|The Ubiquiti ToughSwitch Carrier features dual ToughSwitch PoE PRO systems in a rack-mountable, 1U form factor with 300 watts of power supporting up to 16 devices.
Ubiquiti ToughSwitch Carrier 16 Port Key Features
The ToughSwitch Carriedelivers reliable passive PoE and fast 10/100/1000 Mbps connectivity to attached Ubiquiti devices and other devices that support passive PoE.
To connect your PoE devices, simply enable PoE in the easy-to-use ToughSwitch Configuration Interface. Each port can be individually configured to provide PoE, so both PoE and non-PoE devices can be connected.
ToughSwitch PoE Carrier
A and B designate the two 8-Port ToughSwitch PoE PROs housed in the rack. This may be useful for the Location setting on the Device tab in the Configuration Interface.
- Ports – 16 Gigabit PoE
- PoE – 24V/48V Configurable Passive
- 300 W Power
- TOUGHSwitch PoE Configuration Interface
- 1U Rack-Mount Form Factor
- Product Model Number: TS-16-Carrier
- Management: 10/100 Mbps port for management. Traffic between the Management port and numbered ports will be limited to 10/100 Mbps and, under heavy load, may cause performance degradation of the TOUGHSwitch
- USB: Reserved for future use
- 1-8: 10/100/1000 Mbps ports for switching and PoE (also available for management by default)
- Reset: To reset to factory defaults, press and hold the Resetbutton for more than five seconds while the unit is already powered on.
Before and After ToughSwitch Deployment
Ubiquiti ToughSwitch 16 Port PoE Carrier Technical Specifications
- (2) 8-Port ToughSwitch PoE PROs
- Power Input 110-120VAC / 210-230VAC
- Max. Power Consumption 150 W
- PoE Out Voltage Range 45-48VDC / 22-24VDC
- Max. PoE Wattage Per Gigabit Port 18W
- ESD Rating 24 kV Air / 24 kV Contact
- PoE Method Passive
- Button Reset
- USB Port 2.0 Type A (Reserved for Future Use)
- Processor MIPS24K 400 MHz
- System Memory 64 MB
- Code Storage 8 MB
- Certifications CE, FCC, IC
- Operating Temperature -25 to 55°C (-13 to 131° F)
- Operating Humidity 90% Non-Condensing
LEDs Per Port
- Management Link/Activity
- Ports 1-8 PoE, Speed/Link/Activity x 2
- Management Port (1) 10/100 Ethernet Port
- Ports 1-8 (8) 10/100/1000 Ethernet Ports x2
Configuring the ToughSwitch PoE
ToughSwitch A and B have the same default IP address, 192.168.1.20, so you will need to change the IP address of
at least one ToughSwitch. Follow the instructions in this section to configure one TOUGHSwitch at a time.
1. Configure the Ethernet adapter on your host systemwith a static IP address on the 192.168.1.x subnet (e.g.192.168.1.100).
2. Launch your web browser. Type https://192.168.1.20in the address field. Press enter (PC) or return (Mac).
3. The login screen will appear. Enter ubnt in theUsername and Password fields. Click Login
4. Change the Static Management IP Address to a unique IP address on the Device tab. Click Save Changes.
5. You can enable PoE on the Ports tab and customize additional settings as needed.
6. Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the Management port of ToughSwitch A and connect it to the Management port of ToughSwitch B.
Then repeat steps 1-5 on ToughSwitch B.
Adding the Vlan
Go to the VLANS tab on the management page of the switch then click the Add button. Fill in your VLAN ID
DO NOT CLICK SAVE CHANGES
Setting up the ports.
We are going to set the ports 1-4 for Vlans 200, Ports 5-7 for Vlan1 and have port 8 be the truck. On VLAN1 set ports 1-4 to exclude and port 5-8 to untag. On VALN200 set ports 1-4 to untag and set ports 5-7 to exclude.Set port 8 to Tag on VLAN 200 and untag on VLAN1. It should look something like this.Click Save Changes if you want to add more VLANs and having port 8 as the trunk. Just tagging port 8 on each VLAN.
Conclusion : You should now have working vlans on your tough switch.