“Instant telecommunication allows better and updated information, lessons learnt and problems encountered to be exchanged and debated, it alerts us more quickly to problems and brings to many households around the world visions and information which hopefully spur us to action.” Carol Bellamy
Hubtech masts and towers construction company in kenya
We construct , fabricate Masts and Towers across east africa
Masts and Towers are a specialized type of structure commonly used for Telecommunications to support equipment at substantial heights.
Masts / Towers are utilized to achieve the maximum in elevation and loading at an economical cost. The addition of heavy braced sections and arm guyed wire points allow a mast or self-support tower to be engineered custom to its loading specifications.
Masts and Towers fabrication and galvanizing and installation offered by Hubtech Kenya are designed to withstand the harshest environmental conditions.The primed and painted steel elements and the reinforced base plates of these masts ensure stability. One of the advantages of the our masts is the increased rigidity of the section and their greater stability in cases of buckling
Our customers, while selecting their preferred structure solution from Hubtech design, are able to save significantly on total site costs. In other words, more than 10 years of engagement and expertise is at your disposal.
The face width is the measurement of each side of the triangular structure that sits upon a tapered bottom section that is anchored to the foundation base by a pivot pin. Galvanized steel guyed wire/ cables of varying sizes support the Mast.
The height and economy of the design will dictate whether the structure has three or four Leg stand Tower.
- Mast and Tower can be used for several purposes
- To support radio antennas such as Wireless (Hotspot) point to Multiple points
- To support Fibre Optic from Base Station to Client Stations via Air -fiber and so on.
- To support antennas and provide mobile operators coverage for telecommunication operators
- To support conductors in overhead power lines for electricity companies.
Hubtech Masts and towers designs
Our three or four-legged angular iron are self-supporting towers made of triangular angular elements designed on a triangular/square base pattern. The communication Tower is optimized to last-minute modification and modules can easily be interchanged
according to the specific site design.
Our towers can be supplied with a variety of accessories, such as platforms, antenna mounts, safety devices, obstruction lights, lightning protection kit and more. All of the accessories can be installed at any desired height and orientation according to customer
Usage of 3 or 4 Legged Angular Towers:
- GSM/CDMA Equipment
- Video Surveillance Equipment
- Wind Turbine
Available in heights of 20 to 90m, It is designed for light to medium loads, Available with a large variety of accessories that can be easily mounted at any stage, Designed for typical cellular GSM sites.
These are towers and Mast that are stabilized by tethered wires – Guyed towers and Mast are designed and installed in the manner illustrated in the figure .-It takes cognisance of the following specifications and recommended practices:
- (i) Guyed masts may be in lattice, triangular or square, tapered or straight, as well as monopole structural forms.
- (ii) Guyed masts are supported and held in position by guy wires or ropes.
- (iii) Mast Guy Ropes are made from pre-stretched steel. For every mast, the specified minimum strength of the guy wire is the maximum tension likely to occur in the worst loading condition.
- (iv) Guy wires are not over tightened in the installation of guy towers in order to avoid excessive tension which may cause alignment problems, cable rupture and permanent wrapping of tower structural parts.
- (v) All sections are straight square sections to eliminate potential problems associated with twisting or the need to shim the legs.[/twocol_one_last]
- (vi) Typical tower sections have brace configuration with horizontals (z, x or k) and pivot base sections. These tower-structures are wholly of steel, modular and hot-dip galvanized.
- (vii) Guyed towers have tube or solid legs with solid bracing which increases the tower rigidity to allow for the twist and sway.
- (viii) The design, based on the load calculations determines the working load and the break strength required of the guy wire and ultimately the choice of the size and grade of the wire.
- (ix) The choice of each guy earth screw anchor is dependent on its holding power in the soil, which is a function of its diameter and length to be used to compute the minimum number of guys required.
- (x) As a general rule, guys is planted in three directions at 120 o apart from each other. The distance from the base of the tower to the guy anchor base is one quarter of the height of the tower.
Self-supporting towers are free-standing lattice structures -Thy use of self-supporting towers with tapered sections, and face width that vary according to height and load capacity.-Recommended when land availability is limited PROVIDED that it is technically feasible. They have the following features:
(i) The triangular or square structure
(ii) Tube legs, angle legs, lattice legs or solid round legs
(iii) Sections in steel angle steel or steel tubes
(iv) Steel angle cross bracing.
(v) Tapered sections
(vi) Face widths vary according to height and load capacity.
(vii) Rest platforms provided every 20 meters of height
(viii) Work platforms provided at all height where antennas are to be installed
Fitted with climbing ladderStandard support forms for lattice structures are specified as follows:
- Lattice Leg
- Angle Leg
- Tube Leg / Solid Round Leg